Friday, September 7, 2012

Big Boy Crib!

Oh my goodness, I am sorry that it has been so awfully long since the last posting. I have been busy setting up and getting acquainted with my new work-from-home gig of writing articles about Veganism in Orange County ... no, I am not a vegan, but I appreciate the lifestyle and want to tell people about it ... opening up a whole new world to those who may not know about it.  :)   Anyway, enough about me for now. Let me update you on my baby boy :)

James is growing fast! He is almost (if not already) 17 pounds. He will be 5 months on Monday ... can you believe it?! As you know, James has been making noises and sounds for a while now, but over the past month he has gone from vowels and high pitched fun screams to adding the consonants of 'G' and 'H' and he also likes to gurgle :)  He rolled over for the first time last week. I had him on the floor on his stomach and he really wanted to see the TV and so rolled over to do so! He hasn't done it since, but I know he will when he is ready.
James had his first bite of solid food. It wasn't much, just to taste. It was the rice cereal by Gerber baby and he seemed to like it. After the next doctor visit, we look forward to him trying avocado, bananas, carrots etc ... it will be a very exciting time for James! (the appointment is in 2 weeks).

I swear he got some food in his mouth!
James got to try the swimming pool for the first time last Sunday. He was with me, Josh and my dad. Josh brought him into the water and James started crying almost immediately. But the water was cold, so I understand since I want to cry trying to get into the water sometimes too. We have ordered a floaty for him so that we can all be in the water and James will be safer and happier. Hopefully that will go better!

Not a happy chappy  :-/
Perhaps the most exciting news over the past month is that James no longer sleeps in our room. On Monday of this week he moved into his own room into his big boy crib :)  Tonight is night number 5. He took to it the very first night. He really likes his crib and sleeps a lot better in there. Probably because there is more space, and less noise (snoring, talking etc). The second night he slept for 8 hours straight! When I woke up at 3am and realized it had been 8 hours, I jumped out of bed to check on him. It freaked me out, but he was sleeping peacefully  :)  The next night he slept 8.5 hours. So we will hopefully get a full night soon (babies sleep up to 12 hours without waking ... so from 7:30pm - 7:30am). I'm so proud of my baby boy! <3

I, myself, have been substitute coaching, writing articles and secret shopping when I can. I get some exercise when I can (I know Shelly ... I know). I also try to get out of the house in the evening for a walk with James and Brutus and out of the apartment complex once or twice a week for fun and to see other people. Life is good :)
Hopefully it wont be forever before I write again ... but time does fly when you're having fun and have a baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment