Wednesday, October 26, 2011

That pile of 'too small' shirts is getting big!

Today I am 16 weeks pregnant ... that's 4 months ... that means that in 2 weeks, I will be half way done with my pregnancy. Does it feel like it? Absolutely not! In some ways it feels like I am only starting my pregnancy.

In the past few weeks I have finally gotten my appetite back. It's nice, but also feels like somewhat of a curse because I am constantly hungry or craving something. Well, I cant decide if it's actual cravings or if I am using my pregnancy as an excuse to eat everything in sight. But that's a whole different blog.

So my belly is finally growing. I am pretty excited about that. There is nothing more beautiful than the belly of a pregnant woman. But unfortunately my boobs and ass have done a little growing of their own. At least it looks that way. My face is also a little rounder but that's to be expected. The prospect of gaining weight has had me a little on edge from time to time, but when I remind myself of what its for I settle back into excitement. As of this morning I weigh more than I have ever weighed in my whole life. I think the most I weighed was when we first moved to the USA, and that was 108 pounds. I then lost weight and sat around the 100 pound mark until I stopped doing gymnastics and dancing and picked up running and strength training. That brought me to a strong 104-ish. When I first became pregnant I sat at 106 pounds and didn't move for a while as I struggled to eat ... but luckily I didn't lose much. But as of this morning I am 109.8 pounds. I guess two weeks ago I hit 108.2 ... but come on, that's not far above the 108 mark. So anyway ... long story short ... the baby is a growing!

From here on out, I should gain 1-2 pounds per week. Sounds like a lot right?! But I am sure I will manage just fine! Now, if only I could move myself from Del Taco (etc) to the salad bar with whole grain buns ... on second thoughts, pass me the fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment