Monday, October 17, 2011

Yay Greens!

So I am 14 weeks and 5 days today and I have eaten a field greens salad with olive oil and salt 2 days in a row. I am proud of this because for the past 3 months I have eaten very few vegetables since they were a major food aversion. As I have moved out of my first trimester I have noticed the nausea less and less. Smells entice me now more than they have in a while and I'm acting on it!

Yes, I still crave french fries and hasbrowns and cheese like it's nobody's business and I still act upon those cravings, but each day I am getting at least one salad or a side of veggies (steamed, grilled or sauteed) along with a lot more whole grains and healthy proteins.

For a while, not being able to eat veggies was a drag because I have always been so healthy. But now that I am adding more and more veggies in my daily meals I am feeling better about what I am feeding my little peanut. I want peanut to come into this world loving veggies as I always have. So hurray for a milestone in my pregnant eating  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment