Thursday, September 15, 2011

Buying clothes from a different rack.

When I became pregnant I decided that my clothes buying would be limited to maternity necessities. All that changed when we (Josh and I) received our invitation for his sister's wedding. So then I decided that I would wait until the week before to shop for a wedding outfit, because I had no idea how much I would have grown by then. Today was that day.

We leave for Las Vegas (the wedding venue) the day after tomorrow and so I hit the shopping mall today. I spent about 2 hours browsing the various stores trying on dresses, shirts, skirts etc and didn't seem to having much luck. Then in one of the dressing rooms I started to feel nauseated from all the standing, walking and the heat. But I continued on for a while, slowing down and sitting when I needed to.

Coming to the two hour mark I was getting fed up. I tried on stuff that looked good on the rack, but with my changing body, just didn't look good on me. I don't yet have much of a belly, but my hips are wider and my boobs are whole size bigger (i know right ... i have boobs!) so everything looked a little strange. It's not that I dislike my changing body ... it's just that the proportions are off a little right now (what looks good on my boobs, looks terrible around my waist etc). My usual wedding attire would include a tiny, tight fitting dress, but I had to rethink that one too.

It was exhausting. Eventually I just decided to give up. I was frustrated, still nauseated and getting tired. I think I will just have to shop in my closet this time around. Luckily I have a ton of stuff to work with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment