Follow by Email

Monday, August 15, 2011

And So It Has Begun.

Hello.
For those of you who don't know me, welcome and thank you for reading my blog. My name is Kirsty, I am 24 years old and I am expecting my very first child with my fiance Josh.

I had my first little doctors appointment today. It was basically just a 'confirming you are pregnant' thing, but exciting none the less. According to the doctor, I am approximately 5 weeks pregnant and I am stoked! Needless to say, so is Josh. If possible, he said he would go straight from the conception to the delivery ... and as much as I sometimes feel the same way, I am glad that there are 40 weeks of mental and psychological prep time. I am also very much enjoying the fact that there is a tiny being growing inside me and that I am in charge of not only my health now, but the health of my baby.

The pregnancy wasn't a complete surprise, though I did find myself staring at the home test with my mouth wide open for several minutes before waking Josh with the news. We had talked about wanting to start a family while we were both young and in good health and so I had been off my birth control for just a few months. Though I must say that we didn't expect it to happen this fast! It was a good surprise ... a very very good surprise!

So with this blog, I am just going to journal about the ups and downs of pregnancy. My thoughts and feelings (emotional as well as physical) as I experience this miracle of life. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I know I will enjoy writing it. Please comment with advice, questions or anything else whether I know you or not ... all your words are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment