Monday, August 15, 2011

And So It Has Begun.

Hello.
For those of you who don't know me, welcome and thank you for reading my blog. My name is Kirsty, I am 24 years old and I am expecting my very first child with my fiance Josh.

I had my first little doctors appointment today. It was basically just a 'confirming you are pregnant' thing, but exciting none the less. According to the doctor, I am approximately 5 weeks pregnant and I am stoked! Needless to say, so is Josh. If possible, he said he would go straight from the conception to the delivery ... and as much as I sometimes feel the same way, I am glad that there are 40 weeks of mental and psychological prep time. I am also very much enjoying the fact that there is a tiny being growing inside me and that I am in charge of not only my health now, but the health of my baby.

The pregnancy wasn't a complete surprise, though I did find myself staring at the home test with my mouth wide open for several minutes before waking Josh with the news. We had talked about wanting to start a family while we were both young and in good health and so I had been off my birth control for just a few months. Though I must say that we didn't expect it to happen this fast! It was a good surprise ... a very very good surprise!

So with this blog, I am just going to journal about the ups and downs of pregnancy. My thoughts and feelings (emotional as well as physical) as I experience this miracle of life. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I know I will enjoy writing it. Please comment with advice, questions or anything else whether I know you or not ... all your words are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment