Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ah yes, I could enjoy this.

Yesterday was the first day that I can honestly say I very much enjoyed being pregnant. Emphasis on the 'enjoyed'. I only had a little nausea first thing in the morning and felt awesome for the rest of the day. There was no cramping, no moodiness, no tiredness and first the first time in a while, I was able to eat every few hours and eat a variety of different foods.

During the day I even took Brutus on a 2 mile walk through the park in the warm afternoon sun. I vowed to myself and my baby that we will spend many days at the park, especially if we live in the city. Trees and grass and dirt is good!

I even enjoyed being at work last night. I stand a lot at work, which is pleasant when you're not feeling well. Though on my break I decided to try eating something healthy. I ordered black beans and kale (with a side of seasoned fries *cough cough*) since I used to love eating that kind of thing before being pregnant. But as soon as I tried to put the kale to my mouth, my stomach turned. I couldn't do it. How is it that all my food aversions seem to center around vegetable when I used to eat them all the time?!

Anyway, I decided not to dwell on it. So I boxed my beans and kale and ate the fries. I will try the kale again today. Maybe my body is just in need of more salt and fat as it prepares for more baby growing. I just hope that I can manage some vegetables soon! I need the fiber  ;)

So to more good days! Which, by the way, lead to a fabulous night's sleep! This morning I have a little bit of nausea again, but nothing I cant eat through!

No comments:

Post a Comment