Monday, August 29, 2011

Grocery Shopping? No Thanks.

I am the primary grocery shopper of the household. This is a chore that I usually like to do ... but not lately.

When it comes to grocery shopping, I usually just get the essentials for the week unless I see something that can live in the freezer for a while. Josh will give me one or two items that he would like and then I usually fill in the blanks (what else I think both he and I will need). Again, I usually love doing this, but not lately.

I attempted to go grocery shopping yesterday and had to request a longer list of Josh's 'wants' for the week. Despite the 'usuals' on my list, I couldn't fill in the blanks. The stuff that I usually love and get regularly were wiped off my list and I was stuck. I walked down every aisle, looked at every shelf and could feel my stomach turning. Any time I felt myself say, "Oh that sounds good" I just threw it into my cart. It made for a very interesting mix.

I know that it will get easier soon. I am at week 7 and 1 day, which puts me over half way through the first trimester. So I just need to hold on for a little while longer and then I know I will be filling my shopping cart with all kinds of good stuff! So I guess I should be thankful for all the money I am saving right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment